If the Premier League get their wish to play at clubs’ normal stadiums rather than at neutral venues, then United will have four home league matches to play.
Aware of the danger of supporters gathering in large groups during the health crisis, United have pleaded with their fans to stay away from matches and watch on television. Place bet 24/7 on Live Matches on NaijaBet
“We share your disappointment that you will not be able to watch United in person from within the stadium, but we would encourage you to give your continued loyal support from the comfort and safety of your home,” United said in an email to supporters on Tuesday.
The play-offs to determine the title and European spots is expected to be completed by July 19 with the Greek Cup semifinals between PAOK and Olympiakos and AEK and Aris to follow.
Government health authorities said last week that should league action resume and a player is found to be affected by Covid-19, he would be placed in quarantine at home and the rest of the team will be isolated for five days. Play Bet on today’s games 24/7 on NaijaBet
Up to now, no player has been found with the virus during regular checks at training sessions.
“Premier League Shareholders today voted unanimously to return to small group training from tomorrow (Tuesday) afternoon – the first step towards restarting the Premier League, when safe to do so,” the league said in a statement.
After a two-month break, the German Football League (DFL) had to submit an extraordinarily detailed plan of measures to gain approval for the restart from Chancellor Angela Merkel and the 16 state leaders.
Bundesliga CEO Christian Seifert has warned the matches, played in empty stadiums because of the risk of infection, will “look and feel different”.
ELBOW TAPS, FACE MASKS
The shouts of players will echo around the empty stands and goals will have to be celebrated with elbow or foot taps because players have been ordered to avoid hugs or handshakes. Start forecasting your games Now
Substitutes and coaches on the bench must wear protective masks.
Match fitness is a concern as teams only started training sessions for the whole squad last week having previously worked in small groups.
The 21-year-old, who became the most expensive American soccer player when he joined Chelsea in January 2019 for 64 million euros ($69.13 million), has not played since the 1-1 draw against Brighton & Hove Albion on New Year’s Day.
“It was very tough and frustrating going through times like that. I underestimated it and tried to get back as soon as I could because I just wanted to play so bad.
“If anything, I’ve given myself a little more time to rest now and make sure that I’m 100 per cent fit. I’d say I’m fully recovered and ready to go as soon as we get back.” Place bet on Live Events 24/7 on NaijaBet
Pulisic, named the US soccer federation’s men’s Player of the Year in December, has scored five goals in 16 league appearances this season.
While play for the rest of the season has been cancelled in the wake of the Covid-19 pandemic, decisions must still be made over whether to declare a champion, promotion and relegation as well as places in next season’s European club competitions.
The government had initially given May 30 as the date for action to resume but the league said the first match would take place on June 4 in order to allow enough time for stadiums to be inspected and for all players to undergo tests for the virus.
The government said its technical-scientific committee had conducted a close examination of the protocol which the Italian football federation (FIGC) plans to implement to ensure training can be conducted safely.
In a joint statement from Health Minister Roberto Speranza and Sports Minister Vincenzo Spadafora, it said the committee had ordered some changes, which were not specified, but had given the green light for group training to restart. Place bet on Virtual Games 24/7 on NaijaBet
“The committee’s indications, which are to be considered stringent and binding, will be sent to the FIGC for the necessary adjustments to the protocol so as to allow the safe resumption of team training from 18 May,” it said.
The 25-year-old Fernandes, who joined United from Sporting Lisbon in January, registered three goals and four assists in nine matches, adding creativity to the team with Pogba out of action due to a foot injury.
“I’ve got Scott (McTominay), Fred, Nemanja (Matic). There are many games coming up. I’m sure we can find a good connection between them. We’ve been discussing that as a coaching team and we’re looking forward to it.
Inter Milan’s entire first-team squad have given negative results in testing for the coronavirus, the Serie A club said on Friday as they prepared to resume training.
Nearly all Serie A clubs have re-started training on an individual basis this week following a two-month stoppage due to the coronavirus pandemic and all players and staff are subject to testing.
Sampdoria said previously they had found three new positive cases, Fiorentina reported six positive tests – three players and three back-up staff – and Torino one.
“FC Internazionale Milan announces that all the medical tests the first team underwent were negative,” the club said in a statement. “Optional individual training sessions will begin this afternoon.”
“The club maintains the utmost attention to the preventive measures for the health of the players and all members of the club, in compliance with all government guidelines and the protection of public health.”
The DFL said the season would restart under the terms of a strict health protocol that bans fans from the stadium, with six games on Saturday, including the high-profile Ruhr valley derby between Borussia Dortmund and Schalke 04.
He was speaking by video conference after a meeting with first and second division clubs following the government’s decision on Wednesday to give the green light for the Bundesliga to restart in the second half of May and throw a financial lifeline to the cash-strapped clubs.
“The first team will return to the training ground on Wednesday to do the necessary tests before starting individual training in the next few days,” the Spanish champions said in a statement on Tuesday.
The Bundesliga has been suspended since mid-March but is hoping to convince the government that it is safe to restart in the next few weeks. A decision is expected on Wednesday.
Hertha, which said that the film was made after the entire squad had tested negative for coronavirus, admitted that the video at one point showed players shaking hands while Kalou was also seen to interrupt a teammates’ medical test. Place bet on Live Matches 24/7
“Salomon Kalou’s video from the dressing-room violated basic team rules and showed behaviour that is neither appropriate to the situation nor in accordance with the club’s rules of conduct,” said the statement.
The Serie A club posted a video on Twitter showing players exercising individually, with each having half a pitch to himself. The club has limited the number of players who can train to six at a time divided into three pitches and says training is optional.
The 46-year old former Yugoslavia striker, who scored 37 goals in 102 internationals and won the 1996 English League Cup with Aston Villa, pointed out that a return to normal training would be gradual.
“That means players will have to be a mandatory two metres apart at all times. There will be no team lunch or other gatherings before or after training.
“The pandemic has had a crippling effect. Players have been idle for two months now and they will need at least four weeks to get back into shape, otherwise there is a big danger of injuries when the season eventually resumes.” Place bet on Live Event 24/7 on NaijaBet
Serbian clubs are to resume training on Monday, when the Balkan nation’s government is to ease a set of measures introduced to curb the Covid-19 virus.
The Argentine took Spurs to the Champions League final last year but his side were beaten 2-0 by Liverpool and he was sacked in November, ending a successful but silverware-free four-year spell in charge.
“From the day I left the club my dream is one day to be back and try to finish the work we didn’t finish. It was an amazing journey, we were so close to winning the right trophies like the Premier League and Champions League, we were very close.”
Pochettino, who also led Tottenham to four consecutive top-four finishes and the 2015 League Cup final, is currently without a club. Play Live bet on NaijaBet.com
Conte, announcing measures to ease the lockdown during a televised address to the country, said individual training could start on May 4, when players would still have to respect social distancing rules, and that team training could begin on May 18.
Conte said sports minister Vincenzo Spadafora would work “intensively” with scientists and sports leaders to ensure training was safe.
“Then we will try to see if they can continue with the championships that are suspended. We will only reach this conclusion if it can be guaranteed that it is safe. We don’t want our athletes to get sick. Place bet on Live Events 24/7
“I’m passionate for football,” he added. “Like many Italians, I initially found it strange that the championship could be interrupted or suspended but I think that even the most ardent fan understands that there wasn’t an alternative.”